Sinusitis is an inflammation or swelling of the tissue lining the sinuses. Healthy sinuses are filled with air. But when they become blocked and filled with fluid, germs can grow and cause an infection.
- Acute sinusitis: feels like a cold (runny, stuffy nose and facial pain). It may start suddenly and last 2-4 weeks.
- Subacute sinusitis: lasts 4 to 12 weeks.
- Chronic sinusitis: symptoms last 12 weeks or longer.
- Recurrent sinusitis: happens several times a year.
Common symptoms of sinus infection include:
- Postnasal drip
- Discoloured nasal discharge (greenish in colour)
- Nasal stuffiness or congestion
- Tenderness of the face under the eyes/at the bridge of the nose)
- Frontal headaches
- Pain in the teeth
- Bad breath
7 at-home treatments to help ease your sinus pain and inflammation to get rid of your sinus infection faster.
- Hydrate: Drink a lot of water and/or juice—to help thin your mucus. Avoid: caffeinated/alcoholic beverages
- Rest: Your body needs rest to recover, just chill.
- Steam: Breathe in steam (pot or bowl of warm water) or take a hot shower.
- Compress: Place a warm, wet towel on your face, followed by a cool towel.
- Spice: A hot curry will help clear your nasal passages.
- Vitamin C: Get as much as you can.
- Trigger alert: Know what can trigger a cold or sinus infection and be prepared.
Products that help:
- Vape Juice
- Nigella sativa
- Four in One
- Moringa Leaf