Headache is defined as a pain arising from the head or upper neck of the body. The pain originates from the tissues and structures that surround the skull or the brain because the brain itself has no nerves that give rise to the sensation of pain (pain fibres).
Headaches can be episodic or chronic:
- may occur every so often or even just once in a while. They can last anywhere from half an hour to several hours.
- are more consistent. They occur most days out of the month and can last for days at a time. In these cases, a pain management plan is necessary.
Primary headaches occur when the pain in your head is the condition. In other words, your headache isn’t being triggered by something that your body is dealing with, like illness or allergies.
Secondary headaches are a symptom of something else that is going on in your body. If the trigger of your secondary headache is ongoing, it can become chronic. Treating the primary cause generally brings headache relief.
Types of headaches
- Tension Headaches
- Cluster Headaches
- Migraine Headaches
- Allergy/Sinus Headaches
- Hormone Headaches
- Caffeine Headaches
- Exertion Headaches
- Hypertension Headaches
- Rebound Headaches
- Post-Traumatic Headaches
Get Rid of Headaches Naturally
- : Inadequate hydration may lead you to develop a headache.
- : Magnesium is an important mineral necessary for countless functions in the body, including blood sugar control and nerve transmission.
- : Studies have shown that alcohol can trigger migraines in about one-third of those who experience frequent headaches.
- : Sleep deprivation can be detrimental to your health in many ways, and may even cause headaches in some people.
- : Histamine is a chemical found naturally in the body that plays a role in the immune, digestive and nervous systems.
- : Essential oils are highly concentrated liquids that contain aromatic compounds from a variety of plants.
- : B vitamins are a group of water-soluble micronutrients that play many important roles in the body.
- : Using a cold compress may help reduce your headache symptoms.
- : Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) is a substance produced naturally by the body that helps turn food into energy and functions as a powerful antioxidant.
- : Studies suggest that food intolerances can trigger headaches in some people. To discover if a certain food is causing frequent headaches, try an elimination diet that removes the foods most related to your headache symptoms.
Products that help with headaches:
- Magnesium Glycinate
- CO Q10Plus
- Four in One